Waithe Beck – Brigsley
Date – 10th December 2021
Time – 10.30pm – 3pm
Please let us know if you’re coming to a volunteer day
Downloadable Map – Waithe Beck – Brigsley – Directions
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Suitable footwear – sturdy walking boots or wellingtons.
- A pack lunch and a drink.
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
About the site
Originally this part of the beautiful Waithe Beck had been over-widened and straightened and was suffering from over-shading by trees and scrub. Ten log flow deflectors were installed to help create a sinuous channel to improve flow velocity, and two gravel side berms were installed to reduce bank erosion and create a narrow, deep section to provide habitat for adult fish species such as the brown trout. A few years on and some of the unwanted scrub is returning, which will eventually over-shade the stream once more, so this is where we’d like your help!