Great British Spring Clean
Market Rasen – Great British Spring Clean
Date – Sunday 3rd April 2022
Time – 10.00am – 12.00pm approximately
We’ll be starting from the Festival Hall in Market Rasen. There is parking here but please note it is pay and display. The pay and display is cash only or you can pay by mobile app. Please feel free to find alternate parking in Market Rasen and join us at the Festival Hall for 10am.
- Gloves (gardening will be fine)
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproofs and sturdy shoes
- Bringing a drink is normally a good idea
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before the walk starts)
- Emergency contact details
- Watch the weather conditions and plan accordingly, i.e. sun cream, hat if necessary
About the day
We’ll be working with our friends at RiverCare to remove litter from the banks of the River Rase, which is one of our unique chalk streams in Lincolnshire. The event is funded through the government’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund and will be part of Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British Spring Clean campaign, which take place nationally every year.
Long-term we’re hoping to establish a RiverCare group in Market Rasen to continue to care for this wonderful chalk stream.
All the necessary equipment is provided, but please bring your own gloves and a sturdy pair of shoes.
It should be a great opportunity to meet others and make a difference to the local environment, and wildlife!
If you’ve got any questions before the day please get in touch with our Monitoring Officer, Will – email@example.com