River Waring – Balsam Bashing
Date – Friday 8th July 2022
Time – 10.30pm – 3pm
Please let us know if you’re coming to a volunteer day
This particular site is a private residence so please email for details of the location and parking
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Suitable footwear – sturdy walking boots or wellingtons.
- A pack lunch and a drink.
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
About the site
The owners of this fantastic site have been bravely battling balsam for many years and are making some headway but we’re here to give them a helping hand to eradicate this invasive species.
Himalayan balsam is a non-native species of plant and, although a hit with the bees, overshades our native bankside flowers then dies back in the winter leaving the banks open to erosion as the root system binding the soil disappears.