Market Rasen – River Clean Up
Date – Sunday 25th September 2022
Time – 10.00am – 12.00pm approximately
We’ll be starting from the Festival Hall in Market Rasen. There is parking here is free on Sunday, (whoop!) or please feel free to find alternate parking in Market Rasen and join us at the Festival Hall for 10am.
- Gloves (gardening will be fine)
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproofs and sturdy shoes
- Bringing a drink is normally a good idea
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before the walk starts)
- Emergency contact details
- Watch the weather conditions and plan accordingly, i.e. sun cream, hat if necessary
About the day
The last Sunday of September is always World Rivers Day so this year we’ll be working with the local Environment Group in Market Rasen to look after the River Rase, which is one of our unique chalk streams in Lincolnshire. The event is funded through the government’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund.
It should be a great opportunity to meet others and make a difference to the local environment, and wildlife!
If you’ve got any questions before the day please get in touch with our Monitoring Officer, Will – firstname.lastname@example.org