River Bain – Donington on Bain
Date – 18th November 2022
Time – 10.30pm – 3pm
Please let us know if you’re coming to a volunteer day
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Suitable footwear – sturdy walking boots or wellingtons.
- A pack lunch and a drink.
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
About the site
In 2013 the LCSP worked with partners at the Wild Trout Trust to create a new meandering channel to replace the straightened river section that used to feed the mill.
This extended the length of the river and removed 3 weirs to improve fish and eel passage along the river.
As part of the restoratoin the banks were planted up with suitable riparian plants but these are becoming overshaded as fast-growing willow and alder have grown up. We are hoping on the day to thin these out to let light into the channel.