Pennywort Survey - Louth
River Lud – Louth
Date – 5th December 2022
Time – 10.00am – 1pm
Please let us know if you’re coming
We are starting at Chalk Streams HQ – Navigation Warehouse, Riverhead Road, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 0DA.
There are parking bays near the building, please be sensitive about resident parking in the area, thank you.
Postcode – LN11 0DA
Grid Reference – TF 33744 87969
What3Words – running.shipwreck.eyeful
- It would be helpful if you have a phone with a camera and binoculars to bring them with you
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Suitable footwear – sturdy walking boots or wellingtons.
- A pack lunch and a drink.
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
About the site
Pennywort is an incredibly invasive plant forming ‘blankets’ across rivers. It grows at an alarmingly quick rate so it is important that it is identified so that a plan by the Environment Agency can quickly be put in place.
Basic ID help will be provided and we’ll look at an existing patch before splitting into groups to have a look if there is any present upstream. This will involve looking at the rivers where accessible in Louth including Hubbards Hills.
It would be useful beforehand to download and install iRecord app if you have a smartphone.