River Rase – Headwaters
Date – Friday 24th February 2023
Time – 10.30pm – 3pm
Please let us know if you’re coming to a volunteer day
Please study the map and directions carefully! It’s easy to miss the track that we park down or go down the wrong one. We normally park at the top if there’s room because it can get very slippery down the bottom of the track.
Downloadable Directions – HERE
Grid Reference – TF 16367 93065
What3Words – aura.worthy.sandpaper
Nearest Postcode – LN8 6JA
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Suitable footwear – sturdy walking boots or wellingtons.
- A pack lunch and a drink.
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
About the site
This site is truly stunning, it’s the headwaters of the River Rase and if you venture into the woods you can actually see the water pouring out of the rock!
The aim of the day is to get rid of a bush called snowberry (named because of the white berries). The work is hard going at this site because we’re working on the steep slopes of a valley which can be very muddy, not for the faint hearted!
(PS for those who have attended before I’m sure it won’t be hailing this time 🙂