50 events to celebrate the Lincolnshire Wolds' 50th Anniversary
Stream Dipping – Hubbards Hills Louth
Date – Wednesday 31st May 2023
Time – 10.30am – 12pm
- 01522 555780
Grid reference – TF31595 86748
What3Words – hoot.nasal.festivity
Address – Hubbards Hills Cafe, Crowtree Lane, Dog Kennel Farm, Louth, LN11 0QT
Parking – Hubbards Hills Cafe, cash only small parking charge
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof coat and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Kids have been known to sit down in the stream, change of kids clothes recommended!
- Sun protection (you never know!)
- Suitable footwear – wellies are definitely recommended we’ll be getting in! (adults you may have to get in too)
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
- There are places to wash hands near the cafe but feel free to bring hand sanitiser for after the activity.
- Please get in touch if you are unsure what to bring
About the activity
Join us on a hunt for water minibeasts! We’ll be stream dipping in the River Lud that flows through Hubbards Hills public park. This will involve getting the kids in the water with nets to try and catch some invertebrates such as freshwater shrimp. We’ll be bringing all the necessary nets, trays, magnifying glasses and guides so just remember your wellies!
Never been stream dipping before? If you’re not sure what to expect why not get in touch with us beforehand.
50 for 50 – Celebrating 50 years of the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB
Celebrating the designation of the Lincolnshire Wolds in 1973 partners at the Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service are facilitating and delivering 50 events throughout 2023 to celebrate their 50th anniversary!
Donations are welcome to support the fantastic work of the the Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire Air Amublance Charitable Trust – JustGiving Page