50 events to celebrate the Lincolnshire Wolds' 50th Anniversary
West Ashby – Balsam Bash
Date – Tuesday 4th July
Time – 10.30am – 3pm
Please let us know if you’re coming to a volunteer day
This particular site is a private residence so please email for details of the location and parking
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Suitable footwear – sturdy walking boots or wellingtons.
- A pack lunch and a drink.
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
About the site
The owners of this fantastic site have been bravely battling balsam for many years and are making some headway but we’re here to give them a helping hand to eradicate this invasive species.
Himalayan balsam is a non-native species of plant and, although a hit with the bees, overshades our native bankside flowers then dies back in the winter leaving the banks open to erosion as the root system binding the soil disappears.
50 for 50 – Celebrating 50 years of the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB
Celebrating the designation of the Lincolnshire Wolds in 1973 partners at the Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service are facilitating and delivering 50 events throughout 2023 to celebrate their 50th anniversary!
Donations are welcome to support the fantastic work of the the Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire Air Amublance Charitable Trust – JustGiving Page