Linwood Warren SSSI
Date – Wednesday 28th February 2024
Time – 10.30am – 2.30pm (approx.)
Please let us know if you’re coming to a volunteer day
Address – Legsby Road, Market Rasen – Nearest postcode LN8 3QT
OS Grid Ref – TF 133 877
What3Words – group.looks.tennis
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Suitable footwear – Wellies probably best for this one
- A pack lunch and a drink.
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
About the site
Linwood Warren SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest) is one of the best examples of wet heath in Lincolnshire and is managed by our partners at the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust.
Careful water management is essential in maintaining this precious site.
2 or 3 dams need to be installed in a boundary ditch to maintain a high-water table throughout the year. Additional scrub clearance along the visitor route is also required, waders at the ready!