River Bain – Ludford
Date – 12th November 2021
Time – 10.30pm – 3pm
Please let us know if you’re coming to a volunteer day
Please see the google map. The landowner has kindly let us park down the track to the east with the pond at the end. Please make sure that Girsby Lane is not blocked.
- Suitable outdoor clothing such as waterproof and long-sleeved top and trousers.
- Suitable footwear – sturdy walking boots or wellingtons.
- A pack lunch and a drink.
- Medication for yourself if you require it (please notify the volunteer coordinator before the day or before work starts)
- Emergency contact details
About the site
This part of the River Bain had been straightened over the years but the LCSP partnership improved the habitat a few years ago by removing culverts, opening the channel and introducing a more natural sinuous channel. It’s looking great but could do with a helping hand to ensure it doesn’t become too overshaded and continues to flow.